Spring on the Mississippi

One of my favorite things about spring is that now that the days are longer, I have time for more walks along the Mississippi River trail just a few blocks from our house.  These morning and evening walks are so much fun this time of year.  There is quite a range of activity and I'm always amazed at how some of the same trees in just a mile or so radius can be in completely different phases of growth, depending on how close to the river they are.  Every few days there is something new to observe (and evidence that we missed something in that day or two, as well).  As I was sorting through all the photos I've taken over the past several weeks, I was astounded at the sheer volume of photos I've taken on just the three walks that I've brought my camera along.  I've somehow managed to narrow it down to just a few favorites to give you a taste of spring along the Mighty Mississippi.